Look : how to pay attention in a distracted world / Christian Madsbjerg.
- ISBN: 9780593542217
- ISBN: 9780593714676
- Physical Description: xvii, 234 pages ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York : Riverhead Books, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages 215-220) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Introduction: the most difficult thing to see is what is really there --How to look --Part one. The foundation of the practice : learning to see ourselves seeing --The magic of perception --The first looking lab : the story of gestalt --Three artists : how to see beyond convention and clicȟ --Part one primer : six common misunderstandings about how we see the world --Part two. Getting started --The great excavation : beginning with clean observation --Essays and thoughts : exercises to inspire your practice --An innovation in seeing : using the lens of doubt --How to listen : paying attention to social silence --Looking for cultural shifts : how change happens --Observing details : finding portals to insight --Seeing the future in the present : the story of my looking lab --Everything you need to know begins with birds --Observation takes time.
Search for related items by subject
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.