Burn it down : power, complicity, and a call for change in Hollywood / Maureen Ryan.
- ISBN: 9780063269279
- Physical Description: ix, 388 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Mariner Books, 
- Copyright: ©2023
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -380) and index.
- Formatted Contents: The myth of sufficient progress -- Scott Rudin and the myth of necessary monsters -- The myth of value -- Some myths of freedom and nonconformity -- Lost and the myths of a Golden Age -- The myth of the meritocracy -- Horror story: Sleepy Hollow and the myth of a Post-racial industry -- The myth of an egalitarian future: The IP strikes back -- Launch them into the sun: the toxic myths around creativity -- Live from New York: the persistent myth of comedic liberation -- Part two. The path forward: What does centering survivors, cleaning up the industry, and "doing the work" actually look like? -- A new day for the death star: What industry companies must do to foster real change -- The sun king is dead: a new model of creative leadership -- Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore: What industry workers need to survive -- and thrive -- To be continued: A season finale, not a series finale.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Motion picture industry > Corrupt practices > California > Los Angeles.
Television broadcasting > Corrupt practices > California > Los Angeles.
Sexual harassment of women > California > Los Angeles.
- 3 of 3 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.