Paved paradise : how parking explains the world / Henry Grabar.
- ISBN: 9781984881137
- Physical Description: xix, 346 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New York : Penguin Press, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -329) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Part 1: What a mess we made. Housing for cars and housing for people -- Fighting over parking spaces -- The travails of New York's top parking attendant -- Destroying the city in order to save it -- Paved paradise -- Part 2: Charging for something everyone expects to be free. How to use parking for money laundering, tax evasion, and theft -- A trip to the heart of the commercial parking industry -- When Wall Street bought Chicago's parking meters -- Part 3: How to fix the parking problem. The professor of parking starts a cult -- Parkitecture -- The shoupistas take city hall -- The Market: parking after minimums -- How Americans wound up living in a garage -- Planting gardens in the gutter -- The new world.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Automobile parking > United States.
Parking facilities > United States.
Parking lots > United States.
Metropolitan areas > Parking > Social aspects.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.