When race trumps merit : how the pursuit of equity sacrifices excellence, destroys beauty, and threatens lives / Heather Mac Donald.
- ISBN: 9781956007169
- Physical Description: 319 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Nashville, TN : DW Books, a division of the Daily Wire, 
- Copyright: ©2023
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -319)
- Formatted Contents: Introduction: A cultural revolution -- Overview: the bias fallacy -- Part I: Science and medicine: Medicine's racial reckoning -- How 'diversity' subverts science -- Part II: Culture and arts: The crusade against classical music -- Scapegoats and the rise of mediocrity -- Making Beethoven woke -- Can opera survive the culture wars? -- The revolution comes to Juilliard -- The swamping of Swan Lake -- The demise of the docent -- Museums apologize for art -- An art museum cancels art -- Abstainers -- Part III: Law and order: -- A new crime wave -- The road to anarchy -- On double standards -- A grim-and ignored-body count -- Mass shootings, hate crimes, and race -- The Chauvin trial and its aftermath -- Conclusion: Saving meritocracy, saving a civilization.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Merit (Ethics) > Social aspects > United States.
Equality > United States.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.