Dementia prevention : using your head to save your brain / Emily Clionsky, MD ; Mitchell Clionsky, PhD.
- ISBN: 9781421446257
- ISBN: 1421446251
- ISBN: 9781421446240
- Physical Description: viii, 261 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages 217-250) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Introduction: An ounce of prevention -- Part i: Nature and origin of dementia -- What is dementia? -- Normal cognitive aging -- Part ii: Dementia risk model -- Genetics and early life factors -- Midlife medical conditions impacting dementia risk -- Lifestyle factors of smoking, diet and exercise -- Sleeping, breathing, breathing while sleeping -- Metabolic and vitamin deficiencies -- Alcohol, drugs, and medications -- Sensory and emotional factors that amplify dementia risk -- Putting it all together in an interactive dementia risk model -- Part iii: Where do you stand and what you can do about it -- Your dementia prevention checklist -- Everybody wants to feel better, but nobody wants to change -- Use your head to save your brain -- Applying the change formula to your life -- Afterword. but what about...?
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Brain > Diseases.
Dementia > Prevention.
Search for related items by series
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury). (Show)
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.