Legal guide for starting & running a small business / Stephen Fishman, J.D.
- ISBN: 9781413330656
- ISSN: 2163-0321
- Physical Description: 402 pages ; 28 cm
- Edition: Eighteenth edition April 2023.
- Publisher: [Berkeley, California] : Nolo, 2023.
- Note: Includes index.
- Note: "Learn the basics of how to run your company" --Cover.
- Formatted Contents: Your legal companion for starting and running a small business -- Which legal form is best for your business -- Structuring a partnership agreement -- Creating a corporation -- Creating a limited liability company -- Preparing for ownership changes with a buyout agreement -- Naming your business and products -- Licenses and permits -- Tax basics for the small business -- Raising money for your business -- Buying a business -- Franchises: How not to get burned -- Insuring your business -- Negotiating a favorable lease -- Home-based business -- Employees and independent contractors -- The importance of excellent customer relations -- Legal requirements for dealing with customers -- Cash, P2P payments, credit cards,checks, and cryptocurrency -- Extending credit and getting paid -- Put it in writing: Small business contracts -- The financially troubled business -- Appendix: Checklist for starting a small business.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Small business > Law and legislation > United States > Popular works.
Business enterprises > Law and legislation > United States > Popular works.
|Genre:||Law for laypersons.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury). (Show)
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.