Strapless : John Singer Sargent and the fall of Madame X / Deborah Davis.
Explores the story behind John Singer Sargent's "Madame X," a painting of twenty-three-year-old Amelie Gautreau which unleashed a storm of controversy when it was unveiled at the Paris Salon to show the young wife with one strap of her gown falling off her shoulder, and provides insights into the lives of the artist and his subject. -- WorldCat.
- ISBN: 9781585423361
- Physical Description: 310 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 21 cm
- Edition: First trade paperback edition 2004.
- Publisher: New York, NY : TarcherPerigee, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC, 2004.
- Copyright: ©2003
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Search for related items by subject
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury). (Show)
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Community Library (Sunbury)||759.13 Dav (Text)||30210313169335||Nonfiction||Available||-|