Lucy by the sea : a novel / Elizabeth Strout.
"As a panicked world goes into lockdown, Lucy Barton is uprooted from her life in Manhattan and bundled away to a small town in Maine by her ex-husband and on-again, off-again friend, William. For the next several months, it's just Lucy, William, and their complex past together in a little house nestled against the moody, swirling sea. Rich with empathy and emotion, Lucy by the Sea vividly captures the fear and struggles that come with isolation, as well as the hope, peace, and possibilities that those long, quiet days can inspire. At the heart of this story are the deep human connections that unite us even when we're apart -- the pain of a beloved daughter's suffering, the emptiness that comes from the death of a loved one, the promise of a new friendship, and the comfort of an old, enduring love." -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781638085027
- Physical Description: 286 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Center Point Large Print edition.
- Publisher: Thorndike, Maine : Center Point Large Print, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||COVID-19 Pandemic, 2020- > Fiction.
Widows > Fiction.
Divorced people > Fiction.
Social isolation > Fiction.
Daughters > Fiction.
Families > Fiction.
Psychic trauma > Fiction.
Maine > Fiction.
|Genre:||Large print books.
Search for related items by series
- 3 of 5 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.