The poem forest : poet W. S. Merwin and the palm tree forest he grew from scratch / Carrie Fountain ; illustrated by Chris Turnham.
All his life, William Stanley searched for a wild place of his own. Growing up in the straightened-out city blocks of his childhood and finding some respite in summer trips to a cabin in the woods, William Stanley yearned for space, fragrant soil, tall trees, and the silence that surrounds them. In Hawaii, he learned of acres of land depleted from toxic agricultural practices, and he became determined to restore that land and create one of the most comprehensive palm gardens in the world.
- ISBN: 9781536211269
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Edition: First edition 2022.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Merwin, W. S. (William Stanley), 1927-2019 > Juvenile literature.
Poets > Biography > Juvenile literature.
Tree planting > Juvenile literature.
Maui (Hawaii) > Juvenile literature.
- 4 of 4 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 4 total copies.