The winter bird / Kate Banks ; illustrated by Suzie Mason.
"Forest animals help an injured nightingale survive the winter in a comforting story of friendship and resilience, lyrically told and gorgeously illustrated. As the days grow shorter and the air becomes colder, the spring birds fly south for winter--all except for a nightingale with a broken wing. Unable to fly, the nightingale worries about how to prepare for weather it's never had to experience before. Luckily, the forest animals who are used to frosty conditions help the nightingale navigate the cold as its wing heals. Though the unfamiliar season proves challenging, and even a little scary at times, the nightingale discovers there's beauty to be found in even the harshest weather--and with that comes newfound gratitude for the return of spring. Kate Banks weaves a story of perseverance and kindness, brought beautifully to life by Suzie Mason's stunning artwork." -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781536215687
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 23 x 28 cm
- Edition: First edition 2022.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Birds > Juvenile fiction.
Winter > Juvenile fiction.
Forest animals > Juvenile fiction.
Friendship > Juvenile fiction.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.