Prize for the fire : a novel / Rilla Askew.
"Draws on The Examinations of Anne Askew and other historical documents to re-create in novel form the life of Anne Askew, who was tried, convicted, and burned at the stake in 1546. Follows Askew from a rebellious girlhood in Lincolnshire, through an abusive marriage in the Fenlands from which she escapes, to an underground network of evangelical Reformists in London, where her public interpretations of Scripture bring her to the attention of the authorities" -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9780806190723
- Physical Description: x, 369 pages ; 24 cm
- Publisher: Norman : University of Oklahoma Press, 
- Copyright: ©2022
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Askew, Anne, 1521-1546 > Fiction.
Great Britain > History > Henry VIII, 1509-1547 > Fiction.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.