The song of the cell : an exploration of medicine and the new human / Siddhartha Mukherjee.
"The discovery of cells--and the reframing of the human body as a cellular ecosystem--announced the birth of a new kind of medicine based on the therapeutic manipulations of cells. A hip fracture, a cardiac arrest, Alzheimer's, dementia, AIDS, pneumonia, lung cancer, kidney failure, arthritis, COVID--all could be viewed as the results of cells, or systems of cells, functioning abnormally. And all could be perceived as loci of cellular therapies. In The Song of the Cell, Mukherjee tells the story of how scientists discovered cells, began to understand them, and are now using that knowledge to create new treatments and new humans." -- Back cover.
- ISBN: 9781982117351
- Physical Description: xvii, 473 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition October 2022.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2022.
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Search for related items by subject
Cytology > History.
Cytology > Research.
- 1 of 4 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 4 total copies.