Miss Dauntless / Grace Burrowes.
Matilda Merridew, former hoyden of the first water, finds herself widowed, weary, and in want of coin. Along comes Marcus, Lord Tremont, with an interesting --and decent-- proposition. Tremont will provide Matilda a handsome salary and keep a commodious roof over her head if she will relieve him of the burden of managing a houseful of unruly former soldiers. Matilda accepts the post, and soon learns the proper, soft-spoken earl has a far more dashing side. Marcus, whose lodestars in life have been order and duty, is drawn to Matilda's determination and pragmatic good cheer. When Matilda's past rises from the grave to destroy any hope of a happily every after, Matilda and Marcus must decide if love truly can conquer all!
- ISBN: 9781956975277
- Physical Description: 290 pages ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : [Grace Burrowes], 
- Copyright: ©2022
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Widows > Fiction.
Man-woman relationships > Fiction.
Mayfair (London, England) > Fiction.
Great Britain > Social life and customs > 19th century > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.