Paint with thread : a step-by-step guide to embroidery through the seasons / Emillie Ferris.
"Embroider your way through the changing seasons with the beautiful debut book from embroidery artist and rising star Emillie Ferris. Needlepainting, also known as thread painting or silk shading, is a form of embroidery that creates a realistic, lifelike effect using a single strand of thread and one simple stitch - the 'long and short' stitch. In this illustrated step-by-step guide, Emillie Ferris shows you how to pick up a needle and thread in the same way as a paintbrush to create strokes of color and bring images to life on fabric. Inspired by nature and the changing seasons, Emillie has created five new and exclusive patterns for the book, four that reflect each season in turn and one special design that brings the natural year together into one showstopper embroidery." -- Amazon.
- ISBN: 9781446308486
- Physical Description: 109 pages, 18 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: [Exeter] : David & Charles, 2022.
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Search for related items by subject
Embroidery > Patterns.
Seasons in art.
Nature in art.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 1 current hold with 1 total copy.